Welcome to English 110.01. I'm not a model student but I will lend some helpful advice. If the format is the same as it was for our class, you will be wrting in blogs, probably daily. I'm going to suggest you do this religiously. It's kind of a pain at first, but they get easier as you go along. And writing some of the ones later on are actually kind of like therapy. I think blogs and comments are work 25% of our grade, and you may be in a similar situaiton. This is probably the most important thing you can control and stay on top of in the class.
The ARP and Commonplace papers are obviously a big part of the grade. Don't get too worked up about the ARP. Just take your time and find a good topic. Once the rough draft is out of the way, you will have time to finish your final paper.
The commomplace paper isn't too bad. Much shorter than the ARP.
If you get a chance to go to the writing lab, then do so. You may even get extra credit for this if you have an awesome teacher. You'll probably have to schedule an appointment, but its worth it.
Take the assignments seriously and perform the exercises in class. Even if you're not an English guru, you should do fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment