I slept most of the day today. It sucked because I was going to take my kids fishing. I'll probably do so next Saturday instead, but today would have been ideal.
My little guy, Elijah was pretty mad at me. He loves to fish. Elijah will be 8 in July, but he's always going to be my baby. He still kind of talks like a baby sometimes. Part of it's probably because both his mom and I treat him like our baby. He has a little accent. His mom and I refer to it as "Eli's southern accent". We've been trying to figure out where that came from. Initial speculation was milkman (jokingly), but there's no denying either of my boys are mine.
They both have blonde hair with a twinge of red, unmistakable ginger. They also are starting to develop some freckles. Both boys have some other unmistakable "Keith" characteristics as well. They get a lot of their personality traits from there mom as well. Elijah has been known to give me the silent treatment if he doesn't get his way.
It's been fun watching them grow up, but now that they are getting older it's bittersweet. My babies aren't babies anymore !
I'm really fortunate they have a good mom. I'm also thankful we have healthy and intelligent boys who will have the opportunity to live good lives.
Apparently Eli is pretty popular with the girls in his class. Last year I asked him if he had a girlfriend. He whispered in my hear because he didn't wan't anyone else to hear. He said "all of the girls in my class are my girlfriend". I've also come to find out my oldest apparently has a "friend" named Chloe who he talks to on the phone. I wasn't prepared for all this noise.
Anyways, my kids demand pizza.
To my classmates who elect to go out tonight. Stay out of the street and don't throw bottles. You'll be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment