Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog # 66: I'm cutting all my hair off

It's 1:00am and I'm shaving my head. Yep, bald. May even break out the straight razor. You know what, never mind. I'm too tired for that tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I had someone tell me I needed to cut it all off the other day. I think it could use a trim, but I'd be kind of lost without some of my hair.

I'm working on this massive 8 page paper and a presentation I have for anthropology 597.01. It's painful. It's all about Costa Rica. I had to take a break from it. I've read 176 pages of journal articles concerning ecotourism tonight. I have about 80 more pages to go. It's really hard for me to focus on this. I think I have ADD or ADHD, or one of those. Anyways, I have this Philosophy assignment due next week, and then there's a computer lab tomorrow--Oh shit, I think I see a spider on the ceiling.

Okay, never mind, it wasn't a spider. Where was I ? Oh, computer lab. Finished a paper for anthropology 201. I think I'll do okay. We were allowed to write about whatever we wanted. It's one of my best pieces of work, ever.

My commonplace paper sucks, but I did revise it and I'm going to stick with it. The topic is bland. I wish I went with sex or drugs, but I think others have that market cornered. Need to work on my ARP more. Leslie does a great job with the class. I wish I was a little bit better of a writer. I feel like I'm letting her down. I've been putting two spaces after my periods in between senteneces. She busted me out on it. I don't know how or why I've been doing this. I'm probably doing it right now. I won't do it in my final commonplace or ARP papers though.

Think I'm getting a tat this week. That's my reward at the end of every quarter from now on. I hate needles though. I can't believe I had my tongue pierced for a while. That's not gonna happen again.
Aly, how can you like shots ? Or were you talking about jello shots, or shots of jack ? I mean, I might like shots too if there was morphine involved or something like that. I think I answered my own question.

6 comments:

  1. Wait a second, since when is it not okay to put two spaces after a period? I thought it was still common practice! Also, bummer about your hair. I for one can't stand having my hair short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Cody. I'm confused. I think Leslie said only one space after the period on my ARP draft. I could be wrong though. I also saw my Philosophy professor type on MS Word in front of the whole class and he was only usuing one space after periods. I'm morally shaken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I heard that it's a technically out-dated practice because typewriters aren't around anymore, but that it was still in common use. That means everything I've written in life has just been a lie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How'd getting that tat go? Ha I'm pretty afraid of needles so the likelihood of me ever getting one is very slim. What would you get it of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep putting it off. I'm waiting until Thursday now I think. Not fond of needles myself. There are 3 designs on the burner for the next year, not sure which one will make the cut. The more important thing perhaps is where they will go. It's quite a debate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are advantages and disadvantages of long hair. But once your hair is short, it is hard to grow it out again haha.

    ReplyDelete